Saturday, December 18, 2010

Cold...cough-cough-sniffle-sniffle

Good morning everyone...
I have not been feeling 100% as of late. It all started in Cancun with a bit of a stuffy nose... nothing big... I still had a great time. Now... it's a full blown head & chest cold! My BFF is into Homeopothy, Naturopath, & Traditional Chinese Medicine. She stopped by yesterday & loaded me up until she can get me my own little stash. What a sweetheart she is! She even called her sister in Utah who is licensed in TCM! I have been using my colodial silver nose spray & drinking lots of Emergen-C like it's going out of style until she drops off more meds.

Growing up with a Polish Gramma it was kinda nice to be sick at her house. She would fix me up on the "devan" in the "parlor" so I could watch TV. She would make homemade chicken soup with Kluski noodles! Gramma would rub my chest & back with Vix Vapor Rub & put warm cloth diapers on me right out of the oven. Then she would make a "Hot Toddie"... tea with lemon, honey & a bit of whiskey! Now, those were the days! You always felt loved at Gramma's house! My Mom still does that! And, I even do that to my husband when he's sick with a cold.

Let me know what your Gramma's & Mother's did for you as a child when you were sick with a cold... I would love to hear from you!

Thank you for stopping by!
Merry Christmas!
Kristen

6 comments:

  1. Hi Kristen-
    Love your name :)
    Thanks for stopping by my blog, so great to meet you!
    I hope you feel better, my mom always made me chicken noodle soup, it always did the trick. Or maybe it was just her :)
    XO
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your name, too! The soup was just an added extra. It was Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom's tomato soup for some reason always made me feel better even if I wasn't actually better haha. Get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was always permitted to watch TV all day. : )
    Following you for the first time, would love it if you could follow me back at www.lessonsfromivy.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stopped by to follow your blog from the To The Top Tuesday blog hop... do comment/follow me back :-)
    Have a Happy Holiday Season!
    Best,
    Elizabeth
    Positive Kismet Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. O a;ways bank on my ginger and basil syrup with a spoonful of pure and good honey.It really eases the pain and the infection slowly milds away.But if the cough aggravates have to fall back to regular medication.
    EMR

    ReplyDelete