Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Jackie O Inspired Pill Box Hat in Taupe

Angelique is modeling my newest Jackie O hat. It is made from a previously loved merino wool sweater in a Taupe color that I felted. It measures 22/23 inches. The hat does have a snug fit. I hand stitched a silky interfacing so the hat keeps it's shape & does not itch. I trimmed the hat with men's vintage suiting material & accented the bow with a vintage earring I deconstructed.

This hat would make a great accessory to your Christmas party!

To clean & store the hat wipe down with a clean cotton cloth that has been rung out from a solution of vinegar & water. My Grandmother always used this method to clean & store her woolens.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE this! It is just beautiful and what a lovely colour...well done!

    ReplyDelete